Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So Many Dreams Are Waiting To Be Realized.



Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com


So many dreams are waiting to be realized.  Maybe it's a business you've wanted to start, or perhaps it's something as simple as growing a home garden; even still maybe it's a trip to another country you've always dreamed of visiting.  Whatever it is, you owe it to yourself to do what you have to make it a reality!

I'll readily admit that it's not always going to be an easy row to hoe.  Anything worth doing in life rarely is.  Pursuing your dream might require you doing without a few things (especially if the goal requires money to do it).  It might require taking time away from other things.  However, rest assured that when you commit to your goal and achieve it, the doing without you had to go through is well worth it.

What kind of a commentary would this be if I simply said go for your dreams and left it at that, without even offering a tip to achieve the dream?  Not a very good one, for sure.  So here's what I do when I want to see a goal manifest itself in my life.  First, I write down what I want.  I don't just write it down and shuffle it away, though.

I post the goal clearly on the night stand that sits right next to my bed.  I make a copy of it and stick it on my computer monitor.  I find that keeping my 'dream' in plain sight allows me to be better focused.

Keeping what we want fresh in our minds allows us to move quickly towards achieving it.  Possibly even more importantly, I make a clear mental picture that I can carry around with me.  I don't simply say, "I want to go to the beach."  That approach doesn't paint the kind of picture that will move us towards our goal.  Instead, I would say, "I will go to the Gulf Shores, AL on the week of (insert date).  I will be sure to visit my grandparents who live there.  I'll enjoy some good seafood at such and such a restaurant."

Do you see the difference here?  It's all in the way we visualize things.  If we want to achieve our goals, we simply have to be able to fully see ourselves accomplishing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment